I'm gathering stuff like interesting articles, useful tools or amazing videos, and then make a list with all of them with comments for each one.
# This is issue number #5.
You can checkout the previous issues (opens new window) if you're interested.
If you find any interesting tools or articles that I might have missed, let me know @stefanbc (opens new window) and I'll share them in the next cluster.
So, here are some interesting links and articles!
- 10 things I learned making the fastest site in the world (opens new window) This Medium articles is about performance techniques. This should come in handy for anyone who's obsessed with website performance and speed.
- regexgen (opens new window) A pretty nifty tool that helps anyone generate regular expressions that match a set of strings.
- A.W.E.S.O.M. O (opens new window) The really big list of really interesting open source projects.
- Loading web fonts asynchronously (opens new window) Have you ever wondered how you can load web fonts async? Well Bram Stein tries to explain the process in great detail.
- Let’s use const! Here’s why. (opens new window)
ES6 offers let and const as new flavors of variable declaration, and part of the value in these statements is that they can signal how a variable is used.
- Interpolation in CSS without animation (opens new window) Interpolation is the estimation of a new value between two known values. This simple concept is vastly useful and it’s commonly seen in animation on the web. But how can one use it CSS without animation?
- Replacing the Jet Engine While Still Flying (opens new window) Jen Simmons explains how the team behind Firefox will try to replace the current browser rendering engine, Gecko, with the new one, codename Servo.
Until next time, code long and prosper!
Image credit: Guillaume Kurkdjian (opens new window)